Student safety and welfare is a top priority for us! We understand that sending your children abroad can be worrying and at Oxford Spires we want to ensure that each student is happy, healthy and safe. Our team takes special care to ensure the welfare of all young learners studying with us. Our staff undergo regular training sessions, and we have designated safeguarding leads who ensure our students are safe at all times.
- Oxford Spires has a designated Welfare Officer at each location who strives to ensure that each student’s stay is an enjoyable one.
- There is a 24-hour emergency mobile number which is given to students and is made available to students’ families in case of emergencies.
- Transport is arranged to and from the airport.
- We help homestay students plan their journey on the bus to and from school.
- Detailed and stringent health and safety checks take place at all of our locations and risk assessments are undertaken for every activity and excursion.
- All our staff are qualified to deliver specific aspects of our programmes and undergo staff training and orientation days to ensure all health and safety elements are covered.
- At our residential accommodation options, adult members of staff also live in the residence. There is always at least one member of staff on duty overnight.
- At our homestay accommodation, all of our families are inspected regularly and held to British Council standards.
- Key staff receive First Aid training and First Aid kits are taken on all trips and excursions.
- On activities and excursions we aim to keep a supervision ratio of 1:20.
- All Oxford Spires staff are recruited following Safer Recruitment procedures which include obtaining an enhanced DBS disclosure (police check) and any necessary overseas criminal record checks.
- We have a team of year-round office staff who are always available to answer questions and deal with any issues that might arise.
If you would like to see a copy of our Safeguarding Policy, Supervision Policy, or a sample of our Risk Assessments, please contact us directly.